These are my installation notes for installing Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) so I can repeat it if necessary.
- Download, unzip and copy pdi-ce-4.X.0 to it's target location
- For SQL Server native JDBC, download the latest version of sqljdbc from Microsoft
- The sqljdbc.exe file will simply uncompress into the provided output folder
- For Windows 64-bit and java 1.6 I copied the file sqljdbc4.jar to the <PDI install folder>\libext\JDBC
- Alternatively you could add this file to the PDI class path. For upgrade purposes this would be batter, but I could bother with it right now
- To run the Carte component as a windows service see: Java Apps as Windows Service
- For a server install of the carte component, where does the repository.xml folder go? On my client install it is in c:\users\<username>\.kettle
- Can't get integrated authentication working.
- Tried copying the 64-but version of sqljdbc_auth.dll into the Windows\System32 directory and a few others with no luck so far
- Getting connection errors on java 1.7