A friend and I purchased at auction his 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX that insurance totaled after he was t-boned at the front driver’s side wheel. He had already done significant modifications of a built engine, 6-speed STI transmission and a bunch of STI suspension and brake components.
The Plan (in Stages)
- Make mobile and water tight (to get it off the lift and out of the garage)
- Replace wheel, strut, door, other stuff?
- Maryland Inspection (one time before we start the conversion)
- Fender, other stuff?
- Track Ready for High Performance Drivers Ed
- Shake out suspension issues from accident
- Brake pads, rotors and high temp fluid
- Dedicated track car
- Determine race series to build for
- Remove interior
- Roll cage
- Race seat/harness